Totally Twilightish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Totally Twilightish

The Totally Twilighish Forum. Welcome to all Twilighters!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Opinions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
QueenTwix
Welcome to Forks
QueenTwix

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 1:06 pm

I must admit, I thought this was going to be one of those corny love movies, but I was really impressed.

The soundtrack was soooo good, and the camerawork was amazing. I thought the cast was weird at first, but they kind of grew on me.

A couple things I did not like were the 'glowing' scene; the actors for Jacob, Mike, Eric, Jessice, Angela, and her mom; How everyone spoke with almost no emotion.

I LOVED the baseball scene. It was my absolute favorite scene in the whole movie.

When James bit her, she looked and sounded like she was giving birth. It was a little exaggerated, because then she goes on to say she would want to become a vampire.

The ending was a little abrupt and strange. Like, she ended saying she knew what she wanted. That was a little weird. And what was up with Victoria staring out the window at them?

But I did love the movie. Not as much as the book, but I loved it anyway.
Back to top Go down
LuvsSpunkRansom
Getting Saved by Tyler's Van
LuvsSpunkRansom

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 4:48 pm

I was a little scared for Rob before I saw it because he hasn't ever been in a moive this big with a leading part, and the movies he has had big parts in the characters are completely opposite of Edward Cullen. But he was amazing. He had Edward's struggle down perfectly!

I too loved the soundtrack and the camera work. Both of Rob's songs fit perfectly in the movie.

The humor was great. I laughed so hard.

I liked the sparkle effect because it was subtle enough that it didn't look corny. They didn't over due it. I think they could have done a little more though

I actually liked Eric better in the movie then in the book.

Eric: Hey! Bella! Look! It's a worm! It's a worm!

Mike Welch as Mike Newton was one of my favorite. The part were he's dancing outside the dinner when Bella's eating with her father was priceless!

Mike: So you and Cullen eh? That's...I don't like it. He looks at you like your something to eat.

The baseball scene was great. I loved Emmett. I like the Port Angeles scene as well.

Bella: I need some answers.
Edward: Yes...no...to get to the other side...1.77245
Bella: I don't want to know what the square root of pi is.
Edward: You knew that?

Edward: I can hear what ever other person in this room is thinking, aside from you.
Sex...money...sex...money...sex...cat

I'll agree with the Ballet studio scene. That was the only part were I thought Kristen's acting was flawed, but still, I'm thinking it was extremely hard to do and the look in her eyes were still very genuine.

I loved the ending, but I liked the one in the book better. I liked how they added Victoria in at the end so that she was kinda watching over them. I had a theory that that would be put into the movie and I was so excited when I was right! There's a split second shot of the back of her head when Edward and Bella first arrive and I knew right then that it was Victoria.

I freaked out every time I watched the movie (I've seen it four times) during Stephanie Meyer's cameo appearance. I don't think any of my friends would have caught it if I weren't paying as much attention. That was perfect though.
Back to top Go down
https://totallytwilightish.forumotion.com
QueenTwix
Welcome to Forks
QueenTwix

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:13 pm

What cameo appearance? Sad

I feel cheated... lol
Back to top Go down
QueenTwix
Welcome to Forks
QueenTwix

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Not-So-Clumsy?   Your Opinions? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Bella was not as clumsy in the movie as she was in the book, and that kind of made me upset.

I mean, in the book, she kept tripping and being a klutz, and so Edward had reason to protect her.
But then, in the movie, she only tripped like, twice, and then she was all cilmbing up high in trees and stuff.

What did you guys think?
Back to top Go down
LuvsSpunkRansom
LuvsSpunkRansom

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

QueenTwix wrote:
What cameo appearance? Sad

I feel cheated... lol

She's sitting at the counter in the dinner one of the times, in front of her computer. It's like a 5 second clip, really quick, but it's still there.

Yeah, they could have played the klutz card a little more, but I think she slipped on the trees once. Keep in mind they are making New Moon and they can add a lot more into that one (bigger budget).
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Getting the Red Truck
RoseRed

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 7:14 pm

I absolutely adored the movie!Dumb little sister kept trying to ruin it for me saying people would hate it.I know that some people can't stand it,but others love it(self included.)

My favorite scene...hmmm...I'll have to think about that.

But I think they had a pretty good cast.

They got a few things mixed around and srewed up but it was an awesome movie!!

A friend of mine thinks they got Alice's hair wrong.They say it's supposed to be blonde w/black spiked ends.But I think her hair was fine and there was something wrong with her....jk!

Rob's singing was okay to me.I've heard other songs and didn't like them,not a country music fan.

I found it super funny when Bella's asking Charlie to meet Edward and Charlie loads the gun.
Charlie,"Bring him in." Everyone in the theatre was laughing really hard. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.peanutbutterfrogz.webs.com
LuvsSpunkRansom
LuvsSpunkRansom

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 11:16 pm

I liked the gun part with Charlie as well. I also liked how the pepper spray kept coming up.

"Hey Bella, you still got that pepper spray?"

I also thought Bella's mom was great.

Bella: Forks is growing on me.
Renee: Could a guy have anything to do with this?
Bella: Well...yeah...
Renee: Oh my gosh what's he like? Is he a jock, is he indy?
(Edward enters the room through the window)
Bella: Uh, mom, I've gotta go.
Renee: Come on we've gotta talk boys! ARE YOU BEING SAFE!

Keep in mind guys the parts that didn't match are ok. For a 2 hour movie they crammed a LOT into that movie, it stayed as close to the book as I think they almost possibly could!
Back to top Go down
QueenTwix
Welcome to Forks
QueenTwix

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 11:15 am

yeah i thought charlie was hilarious--- but not quite as quiet as in the book... but also, in the movie they made it stand out more that he was a law-abiding police officer who really loved his daughter and wanted the best for her- and i liked that.
He was always looking out for her, even if she thought it was a bit embarassing.

I cannot wait until New Moon comes out- I hope they do it well though so that it doesn't just drag on like the book did- about how depressed she was and all that
Back to top Go down
LuvsSpunkRansom
LuvsSpunkRansom

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:56 pm

I liked the connection better in the movie. In the book I knew Bella had "friends" but the word friends didn't really seem to be used like they really were her friends, they just seemed like human people she hung out with. I didn't really get the sense that she really did have friends until Breaking Dawn. I liked how they put the lunch scenes in so that you really did get that sense of friendship.

I also liked the dinner scenes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions?   Your Opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Totally Twilightish :: Stephanie Meyer's Books :: Twilight Movie-
Jump to: